3325 Research Way
Carson City, NV 89706
Telehealth offers a convenient way to access healthcare through the use of secure video and audio connections to providers throughout Nevada.
Select the links below to learn more about the different telehealth services available at Nevada Health Centers.
Accessing telehealth at one of our health centers is easy. One of our medical assistants will be with you during your visit, and you will be connected to a provider through videoconferencing technology. The medical assistant will manage the equipment and the diagnostic tools, like a stethoscope to hear your heart and an otoscope to see in your ears. He or she will also assist the provider with your physical examination.
The provider will make recommendations for your care, order prescriptions if necessary, and make referrals for specialty care if needed. Your primary care provider will be notified that you were seen by our telehealth provider and can help manage your condition and review any prescriptions, referrals, or orders that were made.
With a parent or guardian’s permission, school nurses can use videoconferencing technology and diagnostic tools like a stethoscope and otoscope to connect children from their school to a Nevada Health Centers’ provider. Children can be diagnosed and have prescriptions sent to a pharmacy of choice — without having to leave school. Parents or guardians can provide advanced consent or join the visit from work or home, via the same videoconferencing technology.
There are many benefits to school-based telehealth services:
- Decreased absenteeism due to illness
- Can help facilitate the management of chronic diseases
- Promotes classroom success by keeping kids healthy
Coming soon! See a provider from your Internet-connected smartphone or tablet. Please watch the video below for a demonstration on how it works.
Clinic-based telehealth services are offered at:
- Amargosa Valley Medical Center
- Carson City School-based Health Center
- Eastern Family Medical & Dental Center
- Elko Family Medical & Dental Center
- Jackpot Community Health Center
- N. Las Vegas Family Health Center
- Sierra Nevada Health Center
- Virginia City Community Health Center
- Wendover Community Health Center