3325 Research Way
Carson City, NV 89706
Telehealth offers a convenient way to access healthcare through the use of secure video and audio connections to providers throughout Nevada.
Accessing telehealth at one of our health centers is easy. One of our medical assistants will be with you during your visit, and you will be connected to a provider through videoconferencing technology. The medical assistant will manage the equipment and the diagnostic tools, like a stethoscope to hear your heart and an otoscope to see in your ears. He or she will also assist the provider with your physical examination.
The provider will make recommendations for your care, order prescriptions if necessary, and make referrals for specialty care if needed. Your primary care provider will be notified that you were seen by our telehealth provider and can help manage your condition and review any prescriptions, referrals, or orders that were made.
With a parent or guardian’s permission, school nurses can use videoconferencing technology and diagnostic tools like a stethoscope and otoscope to connect children from their school to a Nevada Health Centers’ provider. Children can be diagnosed and have prescriptions sent to a pharmacy of choice — without having to leave school. Parents or guardians can provide advanced consent or join the visit from work or home, via the same videoconferencing technology.
There are many benefits to school-based telehealth services:
- Decreased absenteeism due to illness
- Can help facilitate the management of chronic diseases
- Promotes classroom success by keeping kids healthy
NVHC Virtual Care – see a provider from home
We may be able to evaluate you from your Internet-connected smartphone, tablet or computer.
Virtual Care Hours
7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday – Friday
To qualify for a virtual visit:
- You must be an established NVHC patient. That is, you have previously been seen at one of our health centers.
- You must have an Internet-connected smartphone, tablet, or computer with video and audio capability. Some restrictions or limitations may apply.
- If you meet the qualifications above, please click the “Schedule a virtual visit” button below:
General system requirements
Schedule a virtual visit
Clinic-based telehealth services are offered at:
- Amargosa Valley Medical Center
- Cambridge Family Health Center
- Carson City School-based Health Center
- Eastern Family Medical & Dental Center
- Elko Family Medical & Dental Center
- Henderson Family Health Center
- Jackpot Community Health Center
- N. Las Vegas Family Health Center
- Sierra Nevada Health Center
- Virginia City Community Health Center
- Wendover Community Health Center